About Fernie Brewing Company:
Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the popular mountain town of Fernie, B.C. We are passionate about brewing exceptional beers and the people who make it all happen. We believe in working hard and playing harder and are looking for results-oriented team members that are stoked about the outdoors and our brand. To us, it’s not just a job, it’s a way of life!
At Fernie Brewing Co. we believe in quality, community, collaboration and mountain culture in a fun, inclusive work environment.
What you'll be doing:
As our Operations Manager, you will oversee our Production Department including leading a high-performing team, production scheduling & forecasting, and ensuring the smooth operation of our machinery & equipment. As part of the senior leadership team, this position will also provide valuable contributions into capital expenditure projects and raw materials contracts negotiations.
We require a skilled leader with experience in food and beverage manufacturing, inventory management, and best-practice quality control & safety standards. This individual must have exceptional communication skills, a proactive approach, and proven capabilities in developing and motivating a team.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a team (5 permanent + 2 seasonal employees) on our canning and packaging line in safe and efficient manner including daily supervision, staff scheduling, training, and professional development
- Production scheduling and forecasting alongside other department managers
- Participating in annual budgeting process and oversight of production related costs & expenses
- Establishing KPIs for the Production team
- Providing input into capital expenditure projects
- Participating in negotiation of raw materials contracts with suppliers
- Development, review, and enforcement of safe operating procedures for the department
- Coordinating cleaning and maintenance of machinery
- Troubleshooting any mechanical and quality control issues
- Coordinating packaging and finished product delivery between Distribution Centre and Brewery
- Identifying and implementing best practices in our Production area
- Assisting in hiring process as needed including participation in interviews and selection processes
- Ensuring the safe operation of company equipment and vehicles
- Supporting the team in packaging, delivery, cleaning, and warehouse duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Science, Engineering, Business, Operations Management, or a related field required
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- 3 + years’ experience with food and beverage packaging equipment, including mechanical troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of counter pressure fillers and cartoning equipment is preferred
- Experience leading high-performing teams
- Inventory management experience required
- Experience working in the craft brewing industry an asset
- Experience working with EKOS preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Six Sigma and HACCP preferred
- Forklift experience an asset
- Ability to maneuver up to 50kgs
This is a full-time, permanent management role and is approximately 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, including dental, medical and lifestyle benefits.
At FBC our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment & selection processes and we welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. We invite you to save your profile and join FBC's Talent Community to receive notifications when new positions are posted.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Closing date: Friday, June 30, 2022.