OPEN POSITION: Second shift cellar person (Fort Myers, FL)
About Fort Myers Brewing
Fort Myers Brewing was founded in 2012 and is the largest brewery in southwest Florida. FMBrew is currently brewing at a 10,000 – 12,000 bbl/year pace. In 2016, product consistency and excellence in brewing earned FMBrew the title of “Best Large Brewery in Florida,” voted on by our peers at the Best Florida Beer competition. We have won several other medals/awards in BFB, as well as a siver medal in the 2018 World Beer Cup, a gold medal in the 2018 US Beer Open, and a bronze medal at the 2019 GABF.
About the Position
We are currently hiring for a second shift (approximately 2pm to 10pm) cellerperson. The ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer and has technical experience in a brewery work environment. This professional must also possess a strong work ethic, must enjoy working as part of a unified team, and be comfortable doing all needed brewery tasks as cleaning floors. We have a 30bbl brewhouse with the majority of our tanks being 60bbl, a few 20bbl, and a 30bbl. All of our transfers are through a Pro Brew/SPX pro carb centrifuge with inline carbonation. We are growing rapidly, so this is an amazing opportunity to grow with us.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
• CIP/Sanitization on vessels, and equipment (fermenters, brite beer tanks, centrifuge, canning line, etc)
• Operate the centrifuge for beer clarification (inline carbonation)
• Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and viabilities)
• Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging in EKOS
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
• Able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
• Forklift operator (Don’t have to be currently certified, we can arrange that)
• Maintain a clean and organized brewhouse and brewery area
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Experience working in a production brewery of 5000 bbls a year or larger is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge and comprehension of the brewing fundamentals and processes with the propensity to continual develop of one’s own knowledge about beer and brewing
• Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
• Requires a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage one's self, work in an efficient manner and interact with other team members effectively and professionally.
• Requires the ability to work in a fast paced, wet, loud production environment on one’s feet for most of the day and repeatedly lift 55lbs.
• Be comfortable climbing ladders or riding scissor lift to heights around 20ft.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work overtime, and weekend work when needed.
• 21 years of age or older
Fort Myers Brewing co. is offering full-time (40+ hours/week) employment. After an onboarding period, full-time employees are offered medical insurance. Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, availability and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: This position is based in Fort Myers, FL. Relocation benefits are not offered.