We are looking for an experienced packaging manager for permanent employment at Veitsitehdas (Knife Factory in English) beverage production facility in Fiskars village, Finland.
Company: Veitsitehdas - Radically transparent & sustainable beverage producer
The Veitsitehdas houses Fiskars Brewery, Noita Winery, Ägräs Distillery and part of Suomenlinna Brewery. We are part of the Uniq Drinks Finland Group and are building a major expansion of our beverage production in Fiskars.
We are producing beers, natural wines, spirits, RTDs and non-alcoholic drinks.
As part of the expansion, we will receive a brand new COMAC fully automated canning line which fills approximately 5,000 cph. In addition, there is a 24-head rotary bottling machine that will remain in use.
Job description - responsibilities and duties:
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the product in canning, bottling and
- Ownership of all packaging SOPs.
- HACCP management in the packaging areas.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and service procedures.
- Responsible for packaged product quality - ensuring full traceability and
documentation for products.
- Responsible for CIP procedures and external washing in the packaging areas.
- Process optimization and scheduling.
- Responsible for co-worker safety in the packaging area.
- Supervise the Packaging Team.
- Collaborate with Production Managers, Sourcing Managers and Lab Technicians.
- Other occasional work within the Knife Factory.
- Prior experience in a Supervisory Packaging role.
- Prior experience running a canning line.
- An engineering-like approach to the maintenance and operation of equipment.
- Strong collaboration with a laboratory technician requires understanding and
experience in the hygiene and chemistry of beverage production.
- A good understanding of the brewing process.
- Flexibility and adaptability, openness, and willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good English language skills, Finnish is considered as a plus.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to perform professional sensory evaluation of beer.
- Experienced / Qualified forklift operator.
... and of course enthusiasm for the field, a desire to learn, share information and be actively involved.
What we offer:
A great work community in a beautiful village. New facilities including a staff sauna. Discount in our on-site taproom, shop and soon... restaurant. Good staff benefits and healthcare. Opportunity to study and train with company sponsorship. In addition to your own role, there is the opportunity to participate in production elsewhere, under the same roof, such as; winemaking, brewing & blending and RTD production. Everyone at Veitsitehdas also has the opportunity to test, create and influence new products.
Work in the picturesque environment of the Fiskars Village. Some of our staff commute from large cities such as Turku, Helsinki and Espoo, all around 1 hour drive away. We can also help you find an apartment here in Fiskars : www.fiskarsvillage.fi