Job Title: Brewer
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports to: Director of Production
A Brewer at Revive Kombucha is responsible for the brewing of kombucha and related brewhouse processes including, product blending, tank, and equipment sanitation, ingredient preparation and handling, fermentation analysis, and all other general brewhouse tasks. The brewer also participates in packaging and warehousing activities as needed.
Brewer Essential Functions:
● Brew kombucha in accordance with recipe and process standards
● Produce finished kombucha in accordance with recipe and process standards
● Pull tank samples and accurately perform analysis on Anton Paar and pH devices
● Execute product carbonation, perform temperature and carbonation checks and report results to supervisor daily
● Operate CIP system and perform equipment sanitation tasks
● Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse
● Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries
● Maintain proper rotation and usage requirements of ingredients and carry out routine inventory activities
● Perform routine maintenance on blending vessels, product pumps, and related brewhouse equipment
● Create and maintain written Standard Operating Procedures for Brewhouse processes
● Complete all Brewhouse tasks as necessary, including but not limited to: sanitization of fermentation and blending vessels, equipment, and facility cleaning, juice, and housemade ingredient production
● Support all other production and operation activities as required- bottling, canning, and warehouse operations.
● Adherence to and compliance with GMP policies at all times
● Must be at least 21 years of age.
● 3+ years of brewery, winery, or food manufacturing experience required
● Safety conscious, quality minded, and efficiency-driven
● Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, industrial refrigeration, and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
● Proficient in math and adept at performing a variety of blending tasks and calculations.
● Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
● Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
● High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
● Proficient in reading and writing in English
● Regularly required to talk and hear.
● Frequent standing for long periods up to 12 hours; walking; sitting; and reach with hands and arms.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pulling, pushing, and fine manipulation.
● Regularly lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
● Regularly use angle rolling ladders.
● Work in wet and cold or hot environments and subject to noise.
This job is in a manufacturing/brewery environment. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor-lift, power tools, and various pneumatic and electric machines in addition to safety boots, protective eyewear, and hearing protection. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, photocopiers, printers, and filing cabinets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.