We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Off Premise Trade Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA.
The Off Premise Trade Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing the development of trade marketing programs, sales tools and materials. They will help drive the success of effective trade marketing and promotional activities for the BBC Off Premise channel. This position will work closely with sales, brand marketing, creative, field marketing, and other cross functional teams and external partners activating the go-to-marketing strategy and executing marketing programs at retail.
75% of time:
• Responsible for execution of annual Off Premise Trade Marketing & Brand Plans Materials. Lead timely and efficient execution of tactical plans to support national campaigns
• Assist with development of strategic direction, look and content (with TM manager) for annual channel specific brand plans
• Together with TMM responsible for delivering effective trade plans and tactical elements that realize potential upside in all Off Premise channels, assisting with comprehensive recaps and recommendations for future optimization.
• Coordinate and manage internal resources and external partners (vendors and agencies) to execute trade marketing plans & communication to sales as needed.
• Work with creative group and external agencies to assist in developing and executing creative solutions for trade marketing activations
• Assist in managing relationships with 3rd party agencies and vendors to drive customer and classes of trade-specific tactics – such as Coupon Management vendors, Digital Rebate App Vendors, etc. Work with both internal and external partners to maximize effectiveness of resource and processes and seek cost efficiencies
• Compile sales materials and learnings in a user friendly, customer ready and easy to present format for Sales. Gather insights from Field Sales, Field Marketing, National Accounts to improve selling and merchandising tools. Establish and communicate best practices to ensure maximum effectiveness and execution.
• Collaborate in the planning and creation of content related to customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
• Manage time effectively and balance with TMM evaluation of the requests of Sales and Field Marketing teams against company goals and other national or local programs and prioritization. Work with the TM Manager and Director to set strategic direction, write creative briefs and work with internal and external teams to execute effective turn key trade programming
25% of time:
• Act as the linkage point for Divisional Marketing Managers to the Brand, Creative, Finance & Procurement teams to assist Divisional Marketing Managers with accurate, on time and well executed program delivery to execute with their Sales counterparts for the large custom projects.
- Managing the process for approved Divisional Marketing Programs from ideation to execution, including Creative Briefing (internal or external), Design & Approvals, Purchase Orders & Ship Lists
- Managing timelines through Basecamp to ensure all groups clearly understand and adhere to strict timelines
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time and budget by clearly communicating objectives, timelines and needs at the beginning and managing against those throughout the project
- Communicating with Divisional Marketing Managers, Brand Leads and Trade Marketing to coordinate upcoming programs
•Strong knowledge of industry
•Ability to analyze large amounts of data
•Ability to think critically and creatively
•Ability to thrive in a fast paced and tight deadlines environment