We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for an Associate Trade Marketing Manager (Off Premise) in our Boston, MA office.
The Associate Trade Marketing Manager (Off Premise) is responsible for development and execution of trade marketing programs, sales tools and materials with primary focus on National Key Accounts. They will help drive the success of effective trade marketing and promotional activities for the BBC Off Premise channel. This position will work closely with sales, brand marketing, creative, field marketing, and other cross functional teams and external partners activating the go-to-marketing strategy and executing marketing programs at retail.
This role will act as the ‘voice of the customer’ internally driving collaboration to achieve mutual solutions for BBC brands and retailers. The Associate Manager will be a ‘link’ for National Accounts to the Brand, Insights, Creative, Finance, Procurement and other teams to assist with customer centric, effective and well executed trade programs.
What You'll Do:
General Trade Marketing Responsibilities:
- Lead development and manage annual National Trade plans with the emphasis on Off Premise National Accounts to drive brand awareness, shopper conversion and overall sales revenue growth
- Translate Boston Beer Company’s objectives into National Key Accounts Trade Programs, actively monitor execution of plans to ensure that objectives and targets are being met
- Assist Trade Marketing Manager with development of strategic direction, look and content for annual channel and NA specific brand plans
- Responsible for leading timely and effective execution of annual National Accounts Off Premise Trade Marketing & Brand tactical plans
- Together with Trade Marketing Manager responsible for delivering trade plans and tactical elements that realize potential upside in key Off Premise channels/customers, assisting with comprehensive recaps: perform post launch reviews with key stakeholders (National Accounts Sales, Brand Teams, Leadership), share learnings and recommendations for future optimization
Leading Customer Centric Strategy:
- Be the spokesperson for Key Customers’ strategies and needs related to all trade marketing activities for all brands
- Develop strong relationship with key trade partners and gather market intelligence from trade partners and other sources to shape plans
- Collaborate with National Accounts Sales and Key Customers to execute mutually beneficial trade solutions for Boston Beer Company portfolio of brands
- Develop KPIs, implement plans and execute KPI's to reach objectives for growth in Off Premise National Account chains
- Compile sales materials and learnings in a user friendly, customer ready and easy to present format for Sales. Gather insights from Field Sales, Field Marketing, National Accounts to improve selling and merchandising tools. Establish and communicate best practices to ensure maximum effectiveness in execution.
Collaboration and Resources Management:
- Work with Sales and Brand teams to develop annual Trade Marketing strategy and channel/customer specific tactical plans
- Work together with the Trade Marketing Manager and Director to set strategic Trade Marketing National Accounts Off Premise direction, write creative briefs and work with internal and external teams to execute effective turnkey trade programming
- Liaise with Brand Teams on brand guidelines and their applications. Work closely with Brand Marketing Team to design customized promotional programs, merchandising materials and tools
- Manage internal and external resources (incl. agencies and vendors) to achieve goals and execute plans
- Assist in managing relationships with 3rd party agencies and vendors to drive customer and channel specific tactics. Work with both internal and external partners to maximize effectiveness of resource and processes, seeking cost efficiencies
- Work with creative group and external agencies to assist in developing and executing creative solutions for trade marketing activations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as needed in the planning and creation of the content for customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Maintain National Accounts trade marketing budget responsibilities. Analyze historical trade investments to guide future trade investments, plan future spend continuously finding cost optimization opportunities.
- Monitor and track Trade Marketing spend against plans, control expenses while achieving positive ROI. Continuously review quantitative (ROI) and qualitative results with Trade Marketing Manager to improve plans and actions
- Monitor Boston Beer Company brands’ performance at Key Accounts to identify gaps and opportunities
- Develop national & customized trade plans for strategic customers in line with national brand priorities, customer strategies and key business drivers, shopper and consumer trends.