We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Market Manager in Lansing, MI.
The Market Manager (MM) is responsible for driving Boston Beer Company’s (BBC) sales volume and market goals through the wholesaler(s) and to the market’s respective account base. The MM is accountable for increasing the availability and visibility of the BBC’s portfolio in the market while working closely with the On and Off Premise National Account teams to drive national programs to the account level. The MM must deliver the annual tactical plan to wholesaler(s) while managing resources to budget. The MM must accomplish these goals while adhering to BBC’s selling process and skills.
What You’ll Do:
Wholesaler Management & Planning:
- Establish rapport with wholesaler’s middle and upper level management
- Instill commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
- Successfully organize and deliver the tactical plan via planning and review meeting to the wholesaler(s) including volume, distribution and visibility, and programming goals
- Create and deliver impactful wholesaler and BBC presentations, including objectives and tactics to achieve goals
- Wholesaler correspondence through commitments, bench marking, and recapping
- Communicate beer inventory needs to the wholesaler network and the BBC Operations team
- Inventory and point-of-sale (POS) management
- Must stay within all allocated budgets
Market Management and Development: Must be able to maintain and grow current business while identifying and closing new business opportunities by:
- Calling on core accounts and identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
- Developing tactics to close identified sales opportunities through wholesaler
- Building and maintaining professional business relationships with key accounts
Selling and Negotiating Skills: Must practice BBC’s selling process for:
- Portfolio selling all our brands
- All sales call procedures, process, and selling skills
- Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections • Negotiation tactics, including bracketing and concession management
- Understanding and supporting wholesaler’s needs through solution based selling
Merchandising & Promotions: Supports brands in conjunction with the wholesaler through:
- Maintaining proper brand positioning to BBC standards
- Executing point-of-sale programs at retail to BBC standards
- Executing the BBC’s beer freshness standards
- Creating and executing impactful promotions & events at on and off premise accounts
Knowledge: Ability to learn and execute on:
- Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs and brand strategy
- Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
- Brewing process and beer history
- Wholesaler structure, portfolio, and personnel
- Beer industry trends and current market trends
- Market and competitors to include: distribution and volume trends, market share, wholesaler network, supplier network, pricing
- BBC sales data to include: sales trends, opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/wholesaler activities that affect the market
- IRI, Cognos, and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC and wholesalers.