We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Digital Marketing Manager in Boston, MA.
We are looking for a digitally savvy content creator who loves telling stories about beer. This accomplished storyteller is a jack-of-all-trades creative who does whatever it takes to bring their ideas to life. This person loves shooting and editing videos, taking photos, creating memes, and writing entertaining scripts. If there’s a story to be told, this person is already thinking about how to best tell it.
This person has their finger on the pulse of both beer and national culture and is willing to jump in to create amazing shareable content that will increase brand awareness and engagement across social media and the broader digital landscape. Above all, the ideal candidate should be a creative thinker who is able to think outside the box and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to thriving in the parts of the role tied to brainstorming and creativity, this person must also be comfortable in the parts rooted in timelines, production, scheduling, and accountability. This person can plan, communicate, and execute projects alone or with a larger production team.
This role is based in our Boston Office in the Seaport, but you’ll spend plenty of time at our Jamaica Plain brewery, our taprooms, at some of the biggest beer festivals in the country, or wherever the great content opportunities are!
If this sounds up your alley, then it sounds like we should be talking! Give us a shout and let’s tell some memorable stories and have some fun while doing it.
• Drive direction on digital strategy and tactical planning to bring the brand strategy to life across functions, including social media, advertising, creative, trade, and events.
• Responsible for the development of social media campaign plans in partnership with agencies and cross-functional teams.
• Execute social media and content strategy in partnership with Brand Director to bring to life our brands’ visual identity and tone of voice.
• Run day-to-day activities on social channels to connect with consumers, generate content and drive positive brand sentiment while reporting on key insights and recommendations.
• Liaise with Media Manager on strategy for online advertising; partner for development and management of SEM strategy and execution.
• Manage local and regional social media marketing efforts in partnership with sales force and brand team.
• Work with Design and Development teams to bring brand campaigns to life across owned websites and manage monthly and quarterly optimizations with IT.
• Responsible for providing monthly, quarterly and annual web and social analytics reporting with recommendations for optimization, including organic and paid social media.
• Responsible for annual budget planning and managing digital and social media budgets for brands, reporting monthly to brand and finance teams.
• Content Generation and Drinker Engagement
• Responsible for creating and managing content with Brand Director for digital and social channels, including advertising needs, e-commerce, public relations, website, and email marketing.
• Partner with Community Manager and/or agency to execute community management strategy to engage fans and foster advocacy across brand social channels; includes support of Consumer Relations team.
• Responsible for day to day management of agency partners.
• Drive efforts to curate and develop content from outside resources beyond agency, including user generated content, content partners and influencers in partnership with agencies, brand and ad hoc partners.
Supervise the administration of brand websites, including working with creative team from a design standpoint, brand teams on content, and managing in-house support.
Required: College Degree
Required: The ideal individual will have a bachelor’s degree and two plus years of professional experience shooting and editing videos. This person may be a communications major, a history major, a design major, a math major, we don’t really care as long as you have a passion for creatively finding amazing content opportunities
We also seek a strong communicator who loves working in teams and collaborating on projects!
We’re looking for a real go-getter, who embraces challenges and proactively solves problems with a sense of ease. Being able to effectively multi-task between multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities is super important too!
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.