To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in communication, public relations, or journalism required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Nine (9) years’ progressive communications experience at a digitally led lifestyle brand or digital agency required including significant earned media experience required
- Seven (7) years’ management or leadership experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to think strategically & creatively in developing communications strategies, tactics and initiatives
- Challenging the status quo and pursuing new ideas and ways of thought
- Ability to foster a culture that inspires and celebrates creativity and innovation
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Self-starter with ability to anticipate needs and initiate activity in support of business goals.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading abilities, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Occasional travel required (10-20%), primarily to conferences, agency or distributor meetings, and seminars
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road producing events, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to deliver superior event experiences to our customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer