To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred OR relevant combination of experience and training
- 5 years of event management experience required
- Experience managing and negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience designing, developing and delivering beer related events of varying degrees of complexity, including concerts, festivals, beer dinners and tastings preferred
- Minimum of 3 years team management and people development highly desired
- Craft beer industry experience preferred
- Passion for craft beer required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Develop teams’ skills through leadership and coaching
- Knowledge of how craft beer gets to shelf is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong orientation towards providing outstanding customer service
- Good organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to manage complex programs within budget with successful ROI
- Comfortable working in a small, family-run environment and have the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited or nonexistent standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Solid, practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited or nonexistent standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road producing events, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to deliver superior event experiences to our customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and maneuver up to 168lbs.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
- Regular travel required, as event production is primarily in the market. Travel may exceed 50% during peak months and is between 10-20% during regular times.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer