Alaskan Brewing offers career opportunities with growth potential to talented, energetic and creative individuals who have a passion for life and work, and who can enjoy the challenges of living and brewing beer in Alaska. Every member of the Brew Crew enthusiastically contributes to the quality, customer satisfaction and development of the company’s brands, the craft brewing industry and the local community.
We are searching for a Packaging & Logistics Manager to help us produce award-winning craft beer as an integral member of our brewery team.
Our Packaging & Logistics Manager oversees the daily and weekly operations of packaging, shipping, and receiving as well as coordination with shipping carriers.
General position information:
- Located in Juneau, Alaska
- Flexible schedule
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees warehouse and packaging staff including scheduling, training, and hiring.
- Successfully builds rapport, respect and camaraderie, both inter- and intra-departmentally, through collaboration, teambuilding and training.
- Trains and mentors Packaging Supervisors and Warehouse Lead.
- Works closely with the Packaging Supervisors and Warehouse Manager to address developing personnel concerns.
- Leads meetings of direct reports to ensure effective communication within the department and cross-departmentally.
- Partners with the Maintenance Supervisors to ensure all equipment is running safely, at high efficiency and is maintained to the highest standards.
- Works in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisors to schedule and develop preventative maintenance routines.
- Interfaces with consultants, internal staff and implementation teams to design and install new packaging equipment as needed.
- Oversees product packaging and drives efforts toward continuous improvement of real time packaging quality key performance indicators.
- Oversees accuracy of materials and production information impacting systems and inventory levels.
- Works with Application Administrator to design and develop improved reporting and data capture for quality and efficiency.
- Ensures and advances an ethical and safe work environment and is responsible and accountable for the safety of the department.
- Ensures that a quality focus is demonstrated in all aspects of Packaging and Warehouse Operations.
- Oversees and develops standards and processes that ensure packaging areas are organized, clean and sanitary.
- Continuously improves safety, quality and efficiencies while reducing cost and complexity.
- Works with Quality Department on investigation of quality concerns, complaints and holds.
- Maintains traceability of packaging materials per system protocols. Routinely examines material performance to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Works closely with the Master Production Scheduler to ensure the timely completion of the Packaging Schedule.
- Establishes key performance indicators and associated feedback processes to measure productivity, effectiveness and results.
- Reviews packaging material purchase agreements and contracts to optimize material pricing and quality.
- Periodically researches, sources and audits packaging material vendors.