Packaging Shift Supervisor
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Position Type: Full-time Salaried
Great Central Brewing Company (GCBC) is looking for an experienced and talented Packaging Shift Supervisor to be a part of our team. GCBC is a craft-dedicated contract brewing facility in the heart of downtown Chicago. Our Supervisors are responsible for orchestrating the daily packaging operations in a safe and efficient manner that delivers the highest quality product on schedule for our brewery clients
The Packaging Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading the packaging team in running the packaging line equipment in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner that delivers on production schedules during a given shift and for training junior operators to work on the line.
Competitive and based on experience. This is a salaried position with benefits, including health and dental insurance that begin after a successful 90-day introductory period. There are opportunities for advancement in an exciting and dynamic production atmosphere with fun, beer-loving folk.
- Drive the success of your team, by providing guidance and expertise to all direct reports in an effort to maximize efficiencies within the brewery.
- Adhere to GCBC’s quality standards in all areas of the Brewery as set forth by the Plant Manager, Packaging Manager and Quality Manager
- Lead operators in improving line efficiencies and decreasing material loss
- Complete necessary packaging paperwork
- Have a strong focus on safety, quality, and efficiency, while constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Perform preventative maintenance based on established schedules, ensuring that daily, weekly, and annual maintenance is performed
- Oversee all packaging employees working on the can and keg lines
- Support the training and development of packaging operators
- Reporting, investigation and accurate communications for work related injuries
- Maintain a cleanly work environment through Clean in Place (CIP) procedures and general housekeeping practices
- Maintain a vigilant attention to detail
- Develop and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform quality checks on packaged product as necessary
- Communicate effectively and work well with other departments
- Work towards achieving departmental goals around efficiencies, yields, and cost
- Comply with all company policies
- Effectively complete additional assigned duties as necessary