Killarney Brewing Company is a fast-growing craft brewery located in scenic County Kerry in southwest Ireland. In addition to producing well-crafted beer, our focus is to create an efficient and fun work environment that fosters the growth of employees. Having already invested in state-of-the art equipment, we are now looking to add state-of-the-art individuals to join our small and highly motivated team.
We currently have a production capacity of over 6,000HL per annum on a 20hl Braukon system and we are seeking an experienced, forward-thinking Brewer to perform daily production functions in the brewhouse, cellars and packaging. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and capable of managing time well.
Our brewing team consists of highly creative and driven individuals, and we are able to create world class beer as a result of their efforts and dedication to quality. The ideal candidate will always have this in mind. This is a full-time position.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
– Execute all necessary brewery operations – brewhouse, cellars, and also assist in packaging as needed. The ability to function effectively in all three areas is considered a plus for the employee.
– Assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and safe work area.
– Set up all equipment as required for production and cleaning, with strict adherence to SOP’s set forth in training.
– Monitor fermentations to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to.
– Perform basic maintenance on pumps, valves, tanks and process equipment as needed.
– Embrace a process of continual improvement.
– Professional brewing experience or formal brewing qualification required.
– A thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques.
– Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes.
– Ability to focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
– Technical & mechanical aptitude.
– Commitment to quality control and a clean, safe working environment.
– Physically fit and able to work in tight spaces; ability to lift 25KG.
– Must possess a passion for the Brewing Industry.
– Good team working skills.
– Excellent oral/written English essential & fork lift certification a plus.
– Eligible to work in the EU.