A growing craft brewery in Florida is seeking a passionate and innovative Director of Brewing Operations to join its team due to its continued success and growth. Staff at this brewery have fun first and foremost, but are also focused on producing consistent, high-quality, and award-winning craft beers. As the brewery has grown over the past four years, the team continues to maintain its tight-knit culture and family feel throughout its operations. If you are an extroverted and adaptable brewer ready to produce high quality beer, manage a team, and act as a brand ambassador, then this is the role for you.
The Director of Brewing Operations is responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing (15 bbl, 3 vessel system), fermentation, cellaring, as well as assisting with administrative and organizational duties.
- Assist/lead Head Brewer in managing daily operation of brewhouse and cellars. Ultimately responsible for coordination of all operations aspects including incoming raw materials to packaging, inventory control and ordering, department scheduling and staffing.
- Ensure all beers are within the set quality control parameters and help resolve any issues
- Contribute to and drive continual innovation and process improvement, as well as SOP development and enforcement
- Communicate critical information with appropriate departments, troubleshoot where required
- Train brewery personnel
- Follow all company policies as detailed in the employee handbook-attendance, safety, and protocols, etc.
- Equipment, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance best practices, SOP development and enforcement