External Job Description
Location: West & Central Africa
Reports to: Head of DBS, Western and Central Africa
Diageo Business Services (DBS) is a multi-functional global shared services function established to liberate and equip markets to deliver the Diageo Performance Ambition. Under-pinned by secure and stable operations and putting customers and consumers at the heart of everything we do.
DBS delivers services to all Diageo markets and across all functions. This Change manager will typically operate within Western and Central Africa region, comprising Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria and partner markets in and around this zone. The ability for this role to deliver change across different markets, functions, cultures etc. is critical.
The Change Manager creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment. Determines the readiness levels of business users with regard to upcoming changes; uncovers readiness gaps and creates and implements action plans to close the gaps prior to going live. Assists the user community in the provision of transition support and change planning, and liaises with the project team. Monitors and reports progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics and return to productivity measures. Defines the series and sequence of activities to bring stakeholders to the required level of commitment, prior to going live.
- Uses extensive business knowledge to define the steps the business must take in order to accept and implement new IT-enabled processes, and communicates these steps to senior business managers, ensuring that they are committed to the change programme.
- Ensures that full account is taken of the practicalities of integrating the new technical capabilities into the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate candidates for migration, etc.
- Initiates the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to undertake, to prepare for new technical components and technologies.
- Assesses the readiness of business units to complete the necessary transformation, and ensures that they deliver site implementation plans, which align with the overall plan. Tracks and reports progress.
- Defines and manages the activities to ensure achievement of the benefits described in the business case.