Come work with an awesome team doing something you actual enjoy. We have a grueling application process because we want to be sure that we only hire highly-qualified people who love craft beer. We design and build great beer equipment, and we love doing it.
This position is great for an engineer who loves beer and has broad abilities across multiple disciplines. You'll oversee and perform all engineering, sizing, selection, and product design duties for all production equipment used in craft breweries, such as milling equipment, brewhouses, cellar tanks, heating sources (low-pressure steam boilers, forced-air burners, and electric heaters), glycol chillers, and packaging equipment. Occasionally, you might need to oversee the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of various equipment.
- Design and engineer all equipment offerings, including brewhouses, vessels, process pipelines, and other equipment offerings;
- draft P&IDs, product design drawings, and fabrication drawings in 2D and 3D CAD, laying out, and specifying technical devices, parts, and equipment, primarily using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- work with brewers to provide equipment recommendations;
- communicate with potential customers on equipment needs;
- advise customers on the use of products or services;
- occasionally travel to job sites for installation and repair;
- as well as other duties and tasks that may be necessary.
- Individual Effectiveness: Works independently, solves problems using good judgment, is organized and prioritizes work tasks, has strong verbal and written communication / presentation skills, is persuasive, able to translate technical information into layperson terms, completes work in a timely manner, strong attention to detail, and stays abreast of regulatory changes / trends.
- High Work Standards / Attention to Detail: Sets and maintains high performance standards; pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness; shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs; develops detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the engineering and design team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Physical Demands: This position requires occasionally sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, use of his or her hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, and talking/listening; the employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment is occasionally wet or humid (non-weather); includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high/precarious places; there may be potential fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals; occasional outdoor weather conditions; there is a potential risk of electrical shock.
CRAFT KETTLE CORE VALUES
- People Matter: We value relationships and people. We operate with humility, with a customer-service focus, and with respect for all.
- Team First: We achieve results as an interdependent team. We are supportive, responsive, flexible, and considerate in our interactions with one another. We partner with others both inside and outside of our organization because we share accountability for results and want to identify opportunities to learn from each other.
- Long-term Thinkers: We analyze problems and potential solutions with a view for long-term growth and sustainability. We recognize the overall efficiency of all the organizations we work with is paramount in the long-term, and we prioritize the efficiency and effectiveness of the aggregate group over the short-term profit motives of our individual organization. We seek to add value to ensure the long-term viability of our organization.
- Problem Solvers: We strive to correct and learn from our mistakes. We respond to problems in a timely fashion and seek to erase the impact of our mistakes. We track our past actions and prevent future repetition.
- Bold Thinking: We act with an entrepreneurial spirit and promote effective and transformative ideas. We seek out new ways to solve old problems.
- Starting salary between $45,000 and $70,000
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
- Access to the company's benefits packages, which currently include medical, vision, and dental insurance (50% EE / 25% FAM); 4% 1:1 401k match; holidays, paid time off; sick leave, company cell phone and computer.