The Catskill Brewery is a growing craft brewery in Livingston Manor, NY. The brewery features a 15 bbl brewhouse and is on track to produce about 3,500 bbl of beer this year. Additional fermentation capacity and a new brewhouse will be added, ultimately bringing capacity to approximately 7,000 bbl/yr. The brewery is committed to producing best-in-class ales, lagers and sours, and has won awards in all three categories. Additionally, Catskill is a mission driven brewery that has strong ties to protecting the environment, showing off some of the greatest tasting water in the world, and connecting people to the outdoors. The brewery is a gold LEED facility that is geothermally heated and cooled with solar electric and solar thermal providing additional renewable energy.
The brewery is well connected locally and in New York city (only two hours away) and has listings in some of the best beer bars and restaurants there. Branding is strong across all channels, and the brewery is committed to staying small, making the best beer possible, and taking pride and enjoyment in what they do.
The ideal candidate’s skills/profile include:
- You make exceptional beer including designing new recipes
- Experience working with sour beer and cork & cage packaging is an asset
- You are a stickler for quality control, process implementation, and production efficiency
- Highly knowledgeable on sanitation, yeast management and propagation, and health and safety regulations
- Coordination of all operations aspects including incoming raw materials to packaging, inventory control and ordering, department scheduling and staffing
- Equipment, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance best practices, SOP development and enforcement
- A collaborative, service-focused, approachable and inclusive demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to engage with clients and general public as an ambassador for the brewery