Jeju Brewing Company, a new joint venture between local South Korean entrepreneurs and New York’s Brooklyn Brewery, is seeking an experienced and committed Brewmaster to head the brewing team at Jeju Brewing Company. Jeju Island, famous as a virtual paradise of spectacular natural beauty, is home to 600,000 people and plays host to over 10 million visitors per year. The Jeju Brewing Company will provide locally brewed, sustainably produced craft beers to the people and visitors of Jeju, and intends to be a pioneer and leader in Korean craft beer.
The new brewery will include a fully automated Inotec 60HL brewhouse, fermentation capacity for approximately 40,000HL per year, yeast propagation and storage, centrifuge and filtration, state-of-the-art bottling and kegging lines, and a well-equipped laboratory.
The Brewmaster will head a team comprised of over a dozen full time positions encompassing all areas of brew house operations- brewing, cellaring, filtration, packaging, maintenance, and quality control. Team Jeju will be creating new craft beers for this brewery and will be engaged in work that is both technical and creative, focused on quality, and constantly innovative.
The brewery will be producing both bottled and kegged beer, some of which will be served on-premises at the bar, restaurant that will be an integral part of the facility. The Brewmaster candidate will need reasonable fluency in English, and would be expected to eventually gain some use of the Korean language as well. We are looking for someone who is prepared to work hard, make great beer and lead a team focused on excellence.
- Drive the installation process of the new brewery, to be delivered in 2016, together with the General Manager
- Oversee the brewing and packaging operations of the new 50 HL automated brewhouse
- Manage brewery personnel across multiple shifts, plus any apprentices
- Lead the creative development process alongside counterparts at Brooklyn Brewery
- Manage brewing logistics, including production scheduling, ingredient ordering, record-keeping and inventory management
- Serve as a representative of Jeju Brewing Company in front of the media and the public
- Help create a safe, dynamic, fun, and collaborative work environment