Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidates must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills as they will be required to work from a home office.
- This job requires an excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow Sierra Nevada’s business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 163lb kegs.
Required Education & Experience
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is REQUIRED, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred.
- A minimum of FIVE YEARS total beverage alcohol industry related experience which includes experience working with distributors and/or suppliers is REQUIRED
- The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers to build Sierra Nevada’s business in the San Mateo County market. Consequently, experience working with distributors and suppliers is critical to success in this position.
- This position requires computer knowledge and proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (including the ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets), the ability to understand the market planning process, a basic understanding and use of selling skills, public speaking skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Qualified candidates must live in San Mateo County area
- This position requires a significant amount of night work.
- Extensive car travel is required, with approximately 6-8 nights/month overnight stays (some flying).
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last FIVE years
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
**Applications will be accepted until midnight Pacific Time on Monday, May 7, 2018**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer