Come work with an awesome team doing something you actual enjoy. We have a grueling application process because we want to be sure that we only hire highly-qualified people who love craft beer. We design and build great beer equipment, and we love doing it.
This position is great for an engineer who loves beer and has broad abilities across multiple disciplines. You'll oversee and perform all engineering, sizing, selection, and product design duties for all production equipment used in craft breweries, such as milling equipment, brewhouses, cellar tanks, heating sources (low-pressure steam boilers, forced-air burners, and electric heaters), glycol chillers, and packaging equipment. Occasionally, you might need to oversee the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of various equipment.
This position is great for an experienced brewer who wants to help other brewers design new breweries and make great beer. Our Design Consultants are our organization’s primary contact to brewers around the country and the world. They work with new and existing brewers throughout their equipment planning process to ensure every Craft Kettle sale and installation meets the needs of each individual brewer. Our Design Consultants have a strong understanding of the commercial brewing process and the equipment used to brew. They spend most of their time working with brewers and our engineers to select and design appropriate equipment and to ensure proper installation of that equipment.
- work with brewers to provide equipment recommendations and to help with architectural plant layouts
- travel often to visit with existing and potential brewers and for new installations
- engage with and track potential customers and jobs
- work within the organization's Customer Relations Management (CRM) software systems to keep information organized
- oversee and manage brewery installation jobs, and ensure all equipment meets the needs of the brewer
- work with our engineering and design team on equipment improvements
- serve as the liaison between brewer’s and the craft kettle project management team
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
- Communication: Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation; states own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions; asks others for their opinions and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding; exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Organization: Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; is willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism or tight deadlines; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- Physical Demands: This position requires occasionally sitting, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, use of his or her hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, and talking/listening; the employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment is occasionally wet or humid (non-weather); includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high/precarious places; there may be potential fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic cleaning chemicals; occasional outdoor weather conditions; there is a potential risk of electrical shock.
CRAFT KETTLE CORE VALUES
- People Matter: We value relationships and people. We operate with humility, with a customer-service focus, and with respect for all.
- Team First: We achieve results as an interdependent team. We are supportive, responsive, flexible, and considerate in our interactions with one another. We partner with others both inside and outside of our organization because we share accountability for results and want to identify opportunities to learn from each other.
- Long-term Thinkers: We analyze problems and potential solutions with a view for long-term growth and sustainability. We recognize the overall efficiency of all the organizations we work with is paramount in the long-term, and we prioritize the efficiency and effectiveness of the aggregate group over the short-term profit motives of our individual organization. We seek to add value to ensure the long-term viability of our organization.
- Problem Solvers: We strive to correct and learn from our mistakes. We respond to problems in a timely fashion and seek to erase the impact of our mistakes. We track our past actions and prevent future repetition.
- Bold Thinking: We act with an entrepreneurial spirit and promote effective and transformative ideas. We seek out new ways to solve old problems.
- Starting salary between $35,000 and $45,000 + bonuses
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
- Access to the company's benefits packages, which currently include medical, vision, and dental insurance (50% EE / 25% FAM); 4% 1:1 401k match; holidays, paid time off; sick leave, company cell phone and computer.