We are on the hunt for a Junior Maintenance Engineer to join our ranks! Despite being an entry-level role, you will need to be an avid engineering Padawan, equipped with skills and knowledge worthy of the force!
Working with our awesome Maintenance & Engineering team, you’ll help to ensure top notch running of our operation and production facilities, prioritising safety and quality at all times. You’ll be a warrior of innovation, working to implement continuous improvement projects.
This is one of the most challenging positions within Maintenance/Engineering, as there are a lot of processes, systems and equipment that need to get to grips with. The journey our beer goes through, from grain to glass, is an adventurous crusade and one that brings great responsibility. Quality is our number one focus at all stages. You will need to come in and soak up knowledge on our beer’s natural progression, from malt intake to warehousing – with a key focus on quality and efficiency!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure health and safety standards are met, showing a proactive attitude towards creating a safe working environment.
- Execute all tasks in a consistent, safe and efficient manner, according to our established high standards and engineering best practice. Tasks include PPM, work requests, improvement projects and breakdowns.
- Maintain excellent attention to detail in all aspects of duties with an emphasis on quality, the machinery you maintain is in direct contact with our fantastic products.
- Be competent and creative in troubleshooting across all equipment in breakdown situations, learning from more experienced shift colleagues.
- Complete planned maintenance on all machinery according to master schedule, in a professional and thorough manner, reporting any identified issues to shift lead.
- Enter all completed tasks in CMMS system diligently and correctly.
- Review your processes and suggest improvements/machine upgrades as part of department continuous improvement ethos.
- Follow any reasonable management request in order to support departmental goals.
- To maintain overall hygiene standards and ensuring the cleanliness of the brewery and packaging equipment.
- Build strong working relationships with other BrewDog staff, particularly the brewing and packaging departments.
- Be a self-starter, take ownership for your own learning and development, identify your own skills, knowledge and any training gaps to inform your own development plan which can be discussed with your line manager.
- Be open-minded to try new methods suggested or technologies to support the priorities of the team.
- Be careful with resource and challenge others where you see wastage.
- Recognize and plan the time to develop and personally improve both in the completion of day to day tasks and to create opportunities for advancement.
- Receive feedback and act constructively to make changes as appropriate.
- Seek help when needed and actively get to know other team members; looking to understand their roles and perspectives to better contribute to the success of the whole team.