The Lab Technicians are responsible for performing quality checks both in the lab and on-line, to support the running of production and ensure beer quality is kept at the highest standard.
How We Do It:
• Safety - in lab operations and across the plant.
• Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of results to meet production and sales demands.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Understand and execute lab analysis methods and operations as necessary. Physical and microbiological testing will be required to be performed by this role.
• Collect and analyse samples from the plant as necessary for both physical and micro testing.
• Perform calibrations on laboratory based and portable field equipment as required by maintenance plans.
• Manage the stock requirements of the lab alongside the other laboratory technicians and Quality Manager, ensuring all materials to complete lab activities and quality activities across site are available as needed.
• Assist with Quality Systems activities to ensure the integrity of the product and Food Safety standards are met. Understand Quality Systems and perform audits as required.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
Who We’re Looking For:
• This role forms part of the production team and must possess a flexible attitude towards work and be prepared to work various hours and travel as required to support the business needs.
• To be successful in this role strong relationships must be built across all departments in the organisation.
• The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and speak with confidence.
• Experience/knowledge of working in a laboratory or in a Quality Systems position.
• A flexible and adaptable attitude and the ability to take initiative in your work.
• Working knowledge of brewery production is advantageous.
• Relevant technical degree (e.g. science, brewing, engineering) is an advantage.
• An enthusiastic approach to your work and a keen interest in making great beer.
What We Offer:
• Weekly beer allowance.
• Beer Team Friday Lunch, on us.
• Full Beer Team induction with Camden Academy.
• Try the Camden Pilot Kit for one keg wonders.
• A diverse and energetic working environment.
• The Camden Run Club goes every Wednesday with a pint at the finish line.
• Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Private Healthcare.
• Train, develop and learn what really makes you tick here at Camden.
• We’re proud to be a Living Wage Employer.