The Lab Team Leader is responsible for the operation of the laboratory functions on a day to day basis, supporting the Quality Manager and other Production functions to ensure that lab activities are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
How We Do It:
• Safety – in lab operations and across the plant.
• Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of results to meet production and sales demands.
• Leadership of the Lab Team to meet production demands.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Manage lab operations to ensure phys/chem and micro results are available accurately and in good time to meet the demands of the brewing and packaging operations and ultimately for release to sale.
• Understand and execute lab analysis methods and operations as necessary.
• This role is expected to assist the Lab Technicians during day to day operations and cover as necessary for both foreseen and unforeseen absence.
• Assist the Quality manager in recruiting and lead the lab technicians to ensure they have the necessary skills and tools to enable them to do their jobs.
• Lead the Lab team to ensure overtime/time in lieu (OTIL) is kept within acceptable levels whilst ensuring laboratory operations are completed.
• Manage the stock requirements of the lab, ensuring all materials to complete lab activities and quality activities across site are available as needed.
• Work with Production Leads to ensure equipment on the plant is available and calibrated properly to ensure accuracy of results from operator sampling where necessary.
• Monitor the quality of products in all departments over both sites, using data acquired and knowledge and experience in beer quality analysis and methods to assist in decision making to maintain and improve the beer.
• Assist with Quality Systems activities to ensure the integrity of the product and Food Safety standards are met.
• Deputise for the Quality Manager where required.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
Who We’re Looking For:
• This role forms part of the production team and must possess a flexible attitude towards work and be prepared to work various hours and travel as required to support the business needs.
• To be successful in this role strong relationships must be built across all departments in the organisation.
• The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and speak with confidence.
• At least 1 years experience in a Quality Systems or Lab position, preferably within a brewing facility.
• Strong leadership skills, at least 1 year experience in a supervisory or Team Leader position is required.
• Working knowledge of lab operations and brewery production.
• Relevant technical degree (e.g. science, brewing, engineering) is an advantage.
• IBD Diploma in Brewing qualification or similar is an advantage.
What We Offer:
• Weekly beer allowance.
• Beer Team Friday Lunch, on us.
• Full Beer Team induction with Camden Academy.
• Try the Camden Pilot Kit for one keg wonders.
• A diverse and energetic working environment.
• The Camden Run Club goes every Wednesday with a pint at the finish line.
• Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Private Healthcare.
• Train, develop and learn what really makes you tick here at Camden.
• We’re proud to be a Living Wage Employer.