Formosa Springs Brewery is seeking an experienced plant manager to oversee all aspects of production in a heritage craft brewery. Current volumes are forecasted to be in the 10,000 hL/yr range, but there is a strategy to quickly grow volume from that base. Maximum brewery capacity as currently configured is in the 25,000-50,000 hL/yr range.
The plant manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of production in the brewery, including the brewhouse & cellar, packaging and quality. This position will work closely with the head brewer, sales & marketing and finance and will report directly to the president/CEO. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing brewing/packaging/quality labour force.
- Monitoring and continuously improving brewing operations with regard to efficiency, cost reduction and profitability.
- Production planning including labour force and brewery scheduling.
- Identifying and scheduling required repair and maintenance in the plant.
- Identifying and scheduling required repair and maintenance of the fleet.
- Identifying and sourcing required materials and equipment for the smooth and efficient operation of the plant. This is to be done in cooperation with the supporting brewery team as appropriate.
- Organizing and scheduling the purchases of necessary raw materials, packaging supplies and any other goods necessary for the production, packaging and sale of beer in accordance with forecast and actual sales levels.
- Brewery health and safety.
Optimizing the management and scheduling of the non-brewing staff in operational areas. These include but are not limited to:
- Warehousing and general labour within the plant.
- Delivery personnel.
- Other personnel as required.
Identifying opportunities for relevant training and education of brewery staff.
Working collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all brewery employees, maintaining high levels of integrity and authenticity at all times.