Northam Beverages, a well-established, progressive and fast-growing beverage alcohol manufacturing company, is looking for motivated General Manager, with strong Plant Management experience, strong communication skills and an ability to think on his/her feet. The operation currently produces approximately 100,000HL of beer / cider per annum and has enjoyed consistent increases in production output for over a decade. The Unit has brewing, cellar and filtration processes and packages finished beverages in cans, bottles, and kegs.
The desired candidate will have excellent business administration skills, a hands-on management style with a minimum 10 years experience in breweries, wineries or similar manufacturing operations.
- Lead the execution of the Unit strategy with a strong employee engagement management style.
- Plan, co-ordinate and direct the activities of the Unit to achieve the budgeted production plan.
- Provide input to the Unit’s operating plan, focusing on key opportunities for improvement.
- Plan and maintain systems, procedures, and equipment for optimal operating efficiency
- Work closely with the company senior management team to grow the business.
- Recruit, train and manage staff for optimal performance
- Mentor and coach the Unit Supervisory Team