New brewery opening in Albany, Georgia is seeking a Head Brewer who is innovative, experimental, and values quality. They are Georgia’s first farm brewery - growing organic grain, hops, and fruit on 350 acres. The 6,000 s.f. barn will eventually be the home of their spontaneous fermentation oasis - they envision a Koelschip, foeders, and barrels residing here.
This 30 bbl, 3-vessel brewery is slated to open in September/October and has had creative recipe input from a former Russian River brewer. Out of the gate, the line-up will include hoppy ales and down the road, barrel-aged and wild fermented beers. That’s where your innovation, experimentation, and passion come in.
Your Skills Include:
- You make exceptional beer including designing new recipes
- Experience in wild fermentation, barrel aging, and bottle conditioning is preferred
- You are a stickler for quality control, process implementation, and production efficiency
- Experience in canning - you will be instrumental in helping to select the equipment
- Highly knowledgeable on sanitation, yeast management and propagation, and health and safety regulations
- Coordination of all operations aspects including incoming raw materials to packaging, inventory control and ordering, department scheduling and staffing
- Equipment, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance best practices, SOP development and enforcement
- A collaborative, service-focused, approachable and inclusive demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to engage with clients and general public as an ambassador for the brewery