Centered in the heart of Muskoka, Muskoka Brewery is a privately owned, caring and open-minded Ontario Craft Brewery that is recognized as a pioneer in the Ontario craft brewing industry and awarded as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016. Our grassroots culture is inspired by the natural wonder that is our backyard. We have resolve; work hard and are unwavering in our beliefs. The connection to each other and to this place that we share has made us strong and determined. We are passionate about our beer and we will make our mark. We are Muskoka Brewery!!
MUSKOKA BREWERY IS ACTIVELY SEEKING AN INNOVATIVE BREWING LEADER TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
This is a very unique opportunity for the charismatic and highly skilled brewer to be an instrumental member in our journey in becoming Canada’s most trusted and Iconic beer brand.
Our Brewmaster will play a leadership role at our brewery through brewing excellence in beer innovation and world class quality, authentic coaching and development of the brewing team, and presenting our brands to the industry including beer dinners, industry functions and other events and PR related opportunities. Reporting to our Operations Director, the Brewmaster will coach our brewing and quality team of 8 while overseeing daily operations across all functions relating to brewing, innovation, and distillation. The ideal candidate will drive the Brewery’s unwavering passion for creative beer excellence, competition, team comradery, and a true love for our brand, vision, values and great beer!
Role and Responsibility:
As an Ambassador of the Brewery, the Brewmaster is a face of Muskoka brewery’s team, our culture, and our values. You will represent the Brewery at various events, tours and other functions with professionalism and with the objective to create a great experience and build respecting relationships beyond the brewery brick and mortar. With a 70 HL Brewhouse, this leader will be responsible for the following
Oversee brewing operation, creation, and approval all beer recipes, and foster a passionate environment with a focus on innovation, best practices, and learning.
- Ensuring high quality and freshness of our unfiltered beer is paramount to the Brewmaster’s role. The role is responsible for overseeing all QC protocols and brewing practices to ensure all beer produced is with specifications, aligned with beer profile and is produced with an award winning and industry leading mindset.
- Working with the Operations Director, the Brewmaster will be responsible for daily decision-making and actions with respect to quality and will ensure world class beer at every corner.
- He/she will lead an internal Tasting Panels and will be required to advise the Operations Director of any foreseen issues in the process.
- Coach and guide the team in effective execution of the brewery, team and individual goals. Apply continuous improvement and KSI target methodologies to organize and unite the team on focused goals inside and outside the brewery.
- Create and maintain a method of continuous improvement process for our wort and beer quality and consistency, and document key information from all quality sources (brewing team, packaging team, tasting team, consumer feedback and the Leadership Team)
- Review, research and communicate all brewing KSI's to the internal operations team and maintain a record of all outcomes, improvement, and issues as they arose.
- Lead on constant communication with the overall operations team and respective Senior Leadership team members on any concerns, quality or otherwise
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to qualify new and current suppliers and keep records of supplier issues and performance for optimal purchasing practices. Maintain an adequate supply of quality malt, hops and other brewery supplies to keep within budget.
- Work closely with the Operations Director and People department to develop and execute on a well-round brewing and industry learning program for the respective team
- Continue to develop a brewing environment that strongly reflects our values of resolving, authentic, thirsty (innovation and improvement), unique and caring. Actively lead by example in the execution of our values, support your team in their development areas and connect with our communities (our team, our local communities, our industry).
- Ensure our brewery maintains a high profile in all major beer award contests through the selection of beers for submission and ensuring representation of our brewery at each respective events.
- Lead in the operations of a distillation system for the production of clear spirits
- Create and Implement a Sustainability Plan for Brewing processes to gain regulatory compliance with the District of Muskoka