Artisanal Brewing Ventures, the parent company of Southern Tier Brewing Company and Victory Brewing Company, seeks a Brand Manager for Victory’s Marketing Team. This position will lead the strategic brand vision for Victory Brewing Company. Victory Brewing, founded in 1996 and based in Downingtown, PA, features brands such as Golden Monkey, Summer Love and HopDevil.
The Victory Brand Manager will lead the strategic brand vision of Victory Brewing Company by evaluating market trends and competitive products in the craft beer space. The Brand Manager will execute forward thinking marketing and promotional support for our craft beer brands, pubs, distributor and wholesale partners and on-premise accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Work with the Lead Portfolio Manager to commercialize new products and renovate existing product lines.
- Contribute to and influence the strategic direction of senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize data in order to generate consumer, competitor and industry insights to create the brand plans to support the strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the sales team on competitive analysis and evaluate market opportunities based on the competitive landscape.
- Create and shape brand messaging and communication of new product initiatives and current branding.
- Oversee the activities of the Digital Marketing Specialist while providing strategic direction and creating a high-performance atmosphere.
- Provide guidance to a cross functional team to ensure that the product lines and support programs meet identified consumer needs and financial objectives.
- Provide effective marketing and campaign management while controlling the marketing P&L budget within approved levels.
- Develop and execute the marketing plan and on-premise, off-premise and pub materials for assigned brands based on market research and analytical insights.
- Provide copywriting for web, press releases, tasting notes, corporate branding, sales talking points, history documentation, commercials etc.
- Develop custom brand management plans for each product and present results as needed.
- Assist in the design of retail packaging as well as the creation of in-store marketing displays.
- Maintain contact with vendors and distributors to get critical input on how brands and promotional materials could be improved.
- Work closely with several media agencies to manage and negotiate brand marketing campaigns.
- Strategic thinker who is able to articulate the brand vision, as well as anticipate and identify consumer needs in the Craft Brewing Industry.
- Creative problem solver who is able to be collaborative with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Seasoned professional with strong business acumen, specifically in brand development.
- Self-starter adept in both operating at a strategic level as well as a “roll up your sleeves” member of the team.
- Skilled project manager who can direct the rollout of a brand from start to finish.
- Professional who has a retail and merchandising mindset and can use that skill to drive results.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills, with the ability to maintain an excellent attention to detail.
- A thorough understanding of promotion, packaging, pricing, trade marketing, negotiating, project leadership, brand management and identifying consumer trends.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with large cross functional teams.
- Working knowledge of the P&L management and financial decision making methods.
- Team builder and performance manager, influencing members of the team as well as stakeholders.
- Must be willing to travel. Travel will likely be 20% of the time.